2017 Mayor’s Training and Leadership Summer Youth Employment Program
Sponsored by the City of Newark in Partnership with NJIT
- Instructors: Ji Young Kim, RA, Adjunct Professor NJIT CoAD & Angus Eade, Adjunct Professor NJIT CoAD
- Program Monitors: Cody Piggot, Joshua Mprah
- Program Participants: Mathew Ajiboye, Samuel Amoah, Edward Bozza, Omari Bryan, Khailah Burks, Shukur Carmichael, Andy Cordero, Amber Dodd, Beverly Gopre, Moises Guzman, Aaron Holloway, Yhannick Jackson, Maeomia Lester, Alonza Mitchell, Folashade Odubona, Kyairah Owens, Mekhi Rodriguez, Andrea Tabares, Aniya Travers, Isaiah Rodgers
The Newark Beautification Initiative is a locally funded project sponsored by the City of Newark in collaboration with NJIT. The goal of the program is to provide 25 selected young people between the ages 14 – 18 with employment, education and enrichment opportunities related to the remediation and environmental preservation of existing properties within the Science Park region of Newark. This program is a critical initiative for students, educators and the community.
- Location: Central Ave & 3rd Street, Newark
- Site Area: ~5,000 Sq. Ft
- Projects: Temporary Outdoor Chalk Art Workshop, Interview with Residents to Discuss Site Improvement Proposals
The photos above show students interviewing locals to discuss their Site Improvement Design Proposals and Pilot of Chalk Art Workshop: My Newark.